Saturday, February 05, 2011

Fernando Torres Facing Liverpool on His Chelsea Debut

Fernando Torres is going to face Liverpool on his debut match for Chelsea. The Spanish World Cup winner has made a record £50 million move from Liverpool to Chelsea on the deadline day of January transfer window, and coincidently Chelsea is going to host Liverpool this Sunday and there is a possibility Torres could have his first match in Chelsea shirt against his former club Liverpool.

However, the Spaniard has said that he would not celebrate even if he scored against the Merseyside club. He also added that he has lot of respect for every member of the Liverpool club and their fans.

Torres said, “First I will have to play, after that I have to score, so some things have to happen, but I have big, big respect for the Liverpool fans, so I don't think so.

I only have good things to say about the Liverpool people, the Liverpool supporters especially.

I can't say anything bad about them, I had three-and-a-half fantastic seasons there and I will never say anything bad about no-one at that club.”

Fernando Torres has also said that his exit would kick start the rebuilding process at Liverpool which was necessary for the club. Liverpool fans were furious over his move from to Chelsea and they were so angry that they burnt his number 9 jersey in protest. However, it is clear that Torres has no bad feelings about the Reds fans.

0 comments: