Ecombd

Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Taiwan-based component suppliers predict Apple, RIM, and HTC to ship more than 50% of global smartphone shipments

The Taiwan-based component suppliers have predicted that top smartphone makers- Apple, RIM and HTC will see the growth of global shipment respectively 19-20 million, 14-15 million and 8-9 million smartphones in the first quarter of 2011. These three top companies together will share more than 50% of global smartphone shipments of 80-85 million units.

Among these top smartphone companies, Apple’s iPhone is the most popular brand name. Apple has been estimated to ship 20-25% global market share replacing RIM as the second-ranked smartphone vendor.

It is expected that RIM’s BlackBerry is the only smartphone company who can compete with Apple’s iPhone. However, according to the prediction, there will shipment will be 5-6% less than Apple.

It is needless to say anything about HTC, the American based smartphone company. HTC is continuously producing latest smartphones for different companies. They have the highest possibility to reach their estimated shipment in the New Year.

What about Samsung Electronics? This year Samsung got much media publicity with the launch of their latest smartphone Samsung Galaxy S. However, Taiwan-based component makers have not mentioned about this manufacturer company.

According to the report, these vendors and Nokia will account for 90% of the global smartphone market in the first quarter of 2011. May be Chinese based smartphone companies will compete for the rest of 10% of the global smartphone market.

0 comments: