Saturday, February 26, 2011

Novak Djokovic Defeated Roger Federer to Win Dubai Tennis Championship

After winning the Australian Open 2011 last month, the Serbian tennis star Novak Djokovic clinched the Dubai Tennis Championship on Saturday. In the final, Djokovic defeated four time winner Roger Federer in straight sets 6-3, 6-3.

The match lasted only 71 minutes and 23-year-old Djokovic was in dominating form throughout the match. With this victory, he has taken his winning streak to 12 games this season and clinched the third consecutive title of this tournament.

Novak Djokovic posted a straight-set victory over the same opponent in the semi-final of Australian Open 2011 too. So, he is overly happy after Saturday’s win over Federer.

After the match Djokovic said, “I have this feeling in my head, and it's really important to know for me that I can perform this well. This match has probably been one of the best that I played this year.

I guess I rose to the occasion. I was aware of the fact that I need to be on top of my game in order to beat Roger. I was serving really well, especially the first set, holding my serve except that one game when I got broken, confidently through throughout the whole match. Just the perfect performance overall.”

No doubt, the Serbian has been in high-flying form this season and would be confident to win the French Open.

0 comments: