Thursday, May 08, 2008

Super Aguri Driver Takuma Sato Wants to Continue in Formula One

At last Super Aguri failed to convince its sponsor Honda to provide any more financial help ahead of the Istanbul Grand Prix. So, the formula one team pulled out from Formula One, the team authority announced. Honda was used to supply engines and chassis for Super Aguri, the first all Japanese Formula One team, since it started taking part in Formula One races.

However, Super Aguri’s driver Takuma Sato has said that he is not going to retire from Formula One so early. Sato is the currently the highest rated Japanese formula one racer and the only second Japanese driver after Aguri Suzuki to finish on the podium in Formula One. Aguri Suzuki is the founder of Super Aguri.

Guardian reported:

"At this time I am not sure what will happen next as I have been concentrating all my efforts on racing for Super Aguri F1," he said in a statement issued before the weekend's Turkish Grand Prix.

"I will be looking at my options with my manager and will make an announcement once it is appropriate," he added.

"However, I have no intention to retire from F1. I feel I am driving at the top of my game and want to give so much more to my fans and supporters in Japan and worldwide who have been so incredibly supportive to me during my whole career."

The 31-year old driver started 90 races clinching 44 points to his credit so far in his career. No doubt, his fans will love to see him racing for few more years. He has huge popularity in Japan and earned a lot of fame as a formula one racer in his career. So, I think, he should try out his luck with other teams, if Super Aguri can not bounce back anymore.

0 comments: